THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT
CUSTOMER PRIVACY NOTICE
This Notice explains how we obtain, use, and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
- Comply with relevant data protection legislation and all other applicable laws.
- Be open and transparent about how we use your personal data.
- Only collect personal data that may be required as part of the recruitment process.
- Make sure you can access and exercise your other rights under relevant data protection legislation.
- Protect your personal data and keep it secure.
- Train our staff on the importance of privacy and making them aware of the correct processes to follow in relation to privacy and the handling of personal data.
The following data protection information will inform you about the nature and scope of the processing of your personal data:
Data Protection Principles:
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Maintained only for as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about, i.e., in relation to the recruitment exercise.
- Kept securely and protected against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against loss or destruction using appropriate technical and organizational measures.
What personal data we collect:
We collect and process your personal information mainly to contact you for the purposes of understanding your requirements and delivering services accordingly. The categories of personal data we may collect and hold about you may include but not limited to the below:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, or personal email addresses.
- Personal details such as date of birth, gender, marital status, or nationality.
- CV’s or cover letters or any other supplementary document included as part of the application process were requested or not.
- Information about your right to work in different countries: e.g., UK, Germany, South Africa.
- Information regarding your work history, qualifications, professional memberships, education, experience, or employment references.
- Photographs if included on CVs or otherwise on supplementary document submitted as part of the recruitment process.
- The results of any personality profiling assessment or professional experience assessment that we may carry out as part of the recruitment process.
- Any personal data provided to us about you by your referees (if applicable).
We may collect the personal data of children, but this data will be required to maintain records e.g., with tax authorities or medical aid societies. We may also collect, store, and use the following special categories of more sensitive personal data, which could include:
- Information about whether you have a disability for which we need to make reasonable adjustments as part of the recruitment process.
- Information about criminal convictions and offences (where the nature of the job requires this).
How we obtain your personal data:
We may collect this information in a variety of ways:
- Directly from you when: you interview with us, email us, call us, or when you apply for a position (whether via our website, via third parties such as job boards, social media sites, or otherwise) in connection with a background or employment check or an employment reference (subject to your consent where required by law).
- Third parties, such as references supplied by former employers or agencies and information from criminal records checks permitted by law.
- Social media platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), company websites, and other publicly available sources, from a recruiting or other web site where you may have provided information about your work experience or interests.
Where we store personal data:
Your personal data will be stored in a range of different places, including recruitment files, servers, Recruitment system and other IT systems such as electronic e-mail.
How we will use data about you:
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you.
We will use the personal data we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role.
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable.
- Communicate with you regarding the recruitment process.
- Keep records related to our hiring processes.
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
If you fail to provide personal data when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we may not be able to process your application further. For example, if we require references for an advertised vacancy and you fail to provide us with relevant details, we will not be able to take your application further.
How we process and protect personal data:
We process the personal data we collect, also by automated means, for the purposes defined above and for a specific period, which complies with our internal retention policy, to ensure that the personal data are not kept longer than necessary.
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the integrity, confidentiality, security, and availability of the personal data you provide against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use.
We will only share your personal data with the following third parties for the purposes of processing your application: Green Marble Recruitment Consultants branches and Green Marble Recruitment Consultants clients.
All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
International Data Transfers:
Green Marble Recruitment Consultants operates globally in different countries and continents. Accordingly, candidate personal data may be transferred to and processed in the Green Marble Recruitment Consultants and other countries that may not be deemed to provide the same level of data protection as your home country. Green Marble Recruitment Consultants maintains and applies data protection standards to its operations globally.
How long we store personal data we collect:
You have certain legal rights with respect to the personal information that you provide and/or which we obtain about you depending on the country where you reside.
Where applicable, your rights include, among others:
- Be informed regarding what data is being held, and why.
- Any time access to the personal data we hold about you.
- To be able to rectify errors in the data.
- To request the erasure of the data being held.
How to contact us:
If you have any queries about this notice; you need further information about our privacy practices; wish to withdraw consent; exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our website.
I hereby give Green Marble Recruitment Consultants permission to use my details for the purpose of future employment. I also give permission to Green Marble Recruitment Consultants to share my details with a future employer, with prior permission from myself. I declare that I have permission from the referees listed on my CV to be contacted by Green Marble Recruitment Consultants during my employment process and that they are aware that their details are shared with Green Marble Recruitment Consultants for the purpose of future employment for myself.