Area – Sandton
Salary – Highly negotiable based on experience
Urgently looking for a HEAD OF COMPLIANCE (AML) with a banking background, more specifically, Anti Money Laundering.
LLB / Law Degree essential.
The ideal candidate must be a registered Compliance Officer (CISA) with a Post Graduate Diploma in Compliance.
Min 5 years post-graduation/Articles experience in AML environment.
The prospective candidate will be responsible for facilitating all aspects of the compliance function for the division, including advisory and assurance pertaining to the implementation of new and prospective legislation and ongoing monitoring in respect thereof. This will entail an in-depth knowledge of all related legislation and in particular a thorough working knowledge of the FIC Act, the FAIS Act and the POPI Act. They believe a dynamic individual, preferably with a legal background will find this a challenging opportunity.
CISA Registered Compliance Officer would secure your position
Post Graduate Diploma in Compliance
At least 5 years post-graduation/articles experience in Anti Money Laundering
- Delivery of effective end-to-end Compliance
- Provision of compliance related advice
- Assessing all new/existing legislation (including FAIS, Banks Act, FICA, POPI), regulations and best practice requirements and their impact on the business;
- Formulating, documenting the requisite compliance procedures and internal rules and processes arising out of the applicable legislative and regulatory requirements including input into system enhancements or implementation required to comply;
- Implementing current monitoring processes and programmes and reporting in respect thereof to provide assurance to the business, management and the Board;
- Updating and maintaining the compliance manual/s and risk matrices;
- Providing training and awareness within the division on all regulatory issues;
- Compiling and submission of the internal and external compliance reports and ensuring that all processes relating to applicable legislation are done correctly and that any discrepancies are reported appropriately
- Overseeing monitoring on all High-risk pieces of legislation, maintenance of the ERA compliance system and reporting of findings.
- Liaising with Regulators where required
- Liaise with Operational Compliance and Regulatory Operations teams in the holding company.
- Good understanding of Operational Compliance strategy and Challenges
- Experience in managing functions which sits outside of your direct reporting structure and still drive focus and delivery
- Attendance and participation in Compliance Forums
- Assist operations to implement all compliance related processes.
- Liaise with Operational Risk to ensure that the risk and control framework for compliance-related risks are up to date and rated correctly
- Ensure effective communication between all relevant parties on all compliance related projects
Should you fit the above criteria and would like to apply, please submit a detailed CV quoting the reference number for the position in the subject line of the email to Adel: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do note that only shortlisted candidates are contacted and if you have not heard from us in two weeks then your application was not successful.
|Job Category||All, General|