IT Regional Technician
CAPE TOWN / PINETOWN
My client is looking for a competent IT Regional Technician one will be based in Cape Town and the other in Pinetown to provide efficient and value adding technical assistance on computer infrastructure and systems to internal staff and customers. The incumbent will troubleshoot and solve queries on technical IT issues, in-house developed software, on-site in his/her region or remotely from the stationed office.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate and explain the solution is of upmost importance.
The goal is to add value to IT systems for internal users and external clients that will help optimise and preserve the company’s reputation and business.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers or internal staff seeking technical assistance at the site where stationed or over the phone, help desk portal and email that relates to his/her region.
- Perform on-site or remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel or software developers.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs.
- Follow-up and update customer status and information.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
- Ensure customers using software products are satisfied and the products are adding value.
- Source new leads/business in his/her region.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a IT customer support role.
- Diploma/Degree in IT related course essential.
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of networks, office automation products, Microsoft Productivity tools, Active Directory, databases and remote control software (Remote desktop & TeamViewer).
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Proficiency in English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered.
- Customer facing.
Salary R 17 000 CTC per month + Commission
Please send CV’s to email@example.com or contact 076 965 2256