IT Help Desk Technician
My client is looking for a competent IT Help Desk Technician to provide efficient and value adding technical assistance on computer infrastructure and systems. The incumbent will troubleshoot and solve queries on basic technical IT issues remotely from Head office.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate and explain the solution is of upmost importance.
The goal is to add value to IT systems for internal users and external clients that will help optimise and preserve the company’s reputation and business.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone, help desk portal or email.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs.
- Follow-up and update customer status and information.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
- 3 years’ experience as a help desk technician or other IT customer support role.
- Matric, CompTIA A+ and N+ essential.
- Completed or in progress with Diploma/Degree in IT related course.
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of networks, office automation products, Microsoft Productivity tools, Active Directory, databases and remote control software (Remote desktop & TeamViewer).
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Proficiency in English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered.
Salary: R 10 000 CTC per month
Please send CV’s to email@example.com or contact 076 965 2256